#powerrangerpenelitian 3: ICMS 2017

[CAUTION]

this post will be in English and Indonesian, but not bilingual. Jadi (kalo ada) yg baca (selain aku), sabar-sabar aja ya. 

---

Seperti yang udah pernah disinggung, saya diminta membayar biaya registrasi. Registrasi apa? ICMS. ICMS itu International Conference on Marine Science, konferensi ilmiah internasional yang diselenggarakan ITK. Tahun ini kebetulan penyelenggaraan yang kedua (iya baru dua kali), dan katanya ini acara empat tahunan. Pas saya belum ngumpulin draft, bapaknya bilang, "Masa kamu mau nunggu 4 tahun dulu baru ikutan??" Diikuti dengan helaan nafas, sepertinya kecewa. Ah, pikir saya, "Untuk apa mempresentasikan penelitian sereceh ini?"

And I filled my August with fixing my laptop, installing corel, making (and kept on remaking) the results. Getting near to the d-day, I spent my entire week at home, busy making the meatballs (and Umi managed on selling approximately 110 packs of meatballs = 5500 meatballs) . I only came back to Dramaga to attend Muti's seminar and went back to Depok. By the time I realized I need to prepare, my work can only be classified as SKS. 

Seninnya, Dhita bilang dia di-chat SV, beliau mau lihat presentasinya tapi aku ga di-chat huhu. Gatau harus sedi apa, yauda hasil diskusi dengan dhita jadinya aku chat aja duluan, nanya apa yg harus dipersiapkan untuk si ICMS ini. dibalas lah dengan chat yang sama persis kayak dhita. Akhirnya kita ngerjain ppt, tapi ternyata ketemu bang ukuk yang cerita tentang Mbak Dhita yang bikin presentasi dan latihan sampe jam 7 malem sebelum ISOI. Ya Allah..... Alhasil dengan saran Bang Ukuk, untuk ganti jadi poster aja, Dhita ke panitia divisi acara dan bilang. TERUS BOLEH DONG. Wah, gamau kalah akhirnya aku juga ngomong tuh.

But the fortune didn't go to me. I assumed the committee we talked to was already exhausted and busy enough to deal with such demand. So, Dhita went to SV, not long after she went out, I went in. We talked for a while and he told me to revise things on the presentation. He told me it was too late, to have a practice on D-2 but boy I did not even intend to participate if it wasn't his request. SV told me to go back meeting him on the next day to practice with his fellow students. (though later, I feel blessed to participate)

So I brought the stuff home yet as a professional procrastinator, I didn't make significant progress, thus we moved on to Tuesday.

It was magical how I always managed to squeeze loads of works into little time. I went to campus to finish the presentation and watched the research seminar of a friend of mine, Gelap. As always, I overestimated myself and thought I could do those tasks, but boy I was wrong. Just half an hour before Gelap's seminar begin, my supervisor chatted me, told me that he was waiting in his lab. Well, then I went there, and found out him and his students (those who do research for thesis and dissertation, unlike me) there, revising the slide and ready to rehearse.

---

Gosh I really want to write the detail :( but too sleepy to do so, I'll sleep instead

Comments

Popular Posts